Sunday, 13 November 2011

Review Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines


Title: Girl in the Arena
Author: Lise Haines

Rating:
 

Uber good. Read the book and you'll get that joke. 


Wow Lise Haines has officially made it onto my list of fantastic writers. I managed to read this book in a little over 24 hours. 

The character of Lyn is a very mature and responsible girl who really doesn't care what other people think of her and has her head on her shoulders. 

Set in modern time, with a little twist and shot towards our society and how we constantly question whether or not our government really cares about us, Haines shows us the meaning of family, that what we see or think is not always true about people, especially in the case of Uber who turns out to be a sexy clumbsy geek, and a sexy best friend who wants to be gladiator even though he knows that the company running it is nothing but a sleaze ball company. After all of that she even throw in an oracle in the form of a small fragile boy. 

This book was crazy book. I'm pretty sure I dreamed about it the first night I started reading it.

From the description on the back of the book I was expecting something a long the lines of Spartacus but instead Haines provides you with a healthy young girl going through the worst time of her life(and probably the worst couple of months anyone could experience) and having no choice but to stay strong the entire time.



Reminds me of : The Hunger Games


My Review on Indigo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...