Sunday, 13 November 2011

Review The Kane Chronicles, Book Two: Throne of Fire

Title: The Kane Chronicles, Book Two: Throne of Fire
Author: Rick Riordan


Rating


Ra! Ra! What?


I finished this book and noticed a difference between this one and the first, and that's in a good way. I still have to finish the series to determine if its one worth gloating about but so far the series has picked up since the last one.

I can't put my finger on it exactly because I should have read the first book again. I found I had forgotten a lot of what happened in the series maybe because it has been such a long time since the first book, maybe because I had read so many other books in between, or because it isn't at the same great level as the Percy Jackson series that I just don't retain all the information. 

Either way I did know that this book was better. There was more intrigue, more adventure, more mystery, more romance, and more Ra.

I saw the Kanes more like the teenagers they are suppose to be like with all their romance problems, lack of parents and just general teen angst that I started to like and respect the characters more. I found Sadie less of a whinny child and more of an independent and strong woman and the same for Carter. 

Maybe this was Riordan's plan all long? To make us see the characters mature as we went along?

No matter what his thoughts before creating this book I say he has done a better job with this than the first one.



Previously in the Series:


Red Pyramid


Next in the Series:


The Serpent's Shadow


My Review on Indigo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...