Monday, 19 December 2011

Review: Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs


Iron Kissed
By: Patricia Briggs

Rating:

Reason chosen:  

I was randomly organizing all my eBooks and came across the Mercy Thompson series and something in me just made me turn the digital page.


When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it''s up to shapeshifting car mechanic Mercy Thompson to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not. And she''ll have to choose between the two werewolves in her life-whether she wants to or not.

Good:

This book was the best so far. The story line was a great mystery and so many things happened that there was action left and center not leaving me bored at any points.  Mercy finally opens up and admits that she is vulnerable not mentioned makes the decision on who she wants to be with. This is another story that really does center on Mercy and need to help out her friends
Something else awesome: We get a lot of information on the fae. We get more info than we had before on Zee and Uncle Mike and get introduced to some pretty great artefacts. On top of that we find how some of the ‘legends’ or fairy tales were misinterpreted.
And of course: Adam and Samuel. Like I said Mercy finally makes her choice and there are some serious things that happen in this novel with each relationship, we have Mercy admitting all of her feelings to both guys and them admitting all their feelings to her. Trust me this novel had me gripped. We see Adam’s wild side when it comes to protecting people and somehow it was just plain sexy.

Bad:  

Briggs is still leaving us in suspense with what Mercy really is and what Zee and Uncle Mike really are for that matter...but I’m not sure I would consider this bad or good.
Some things were left hanging like the Fairy book and the lawyer that hated the faes and Tad....I was sort of hoping we would meet Tad.
Tony: Seems like an important character but still nothing has really happened with him.
Overall (Writing style, story line, and general): 
Over all it’s a great book and a series I will continue to read. The story line was great and filled with action keeping me wanting to read it until I finished it within 24 hours.
As for her writing style I do like it. It wasn’t too descriptive but just the right amount. However, sometimes I still got confused with her word choice or order of words in the sentences that caused me to have to re-read sometimes ever a chapter.

Viewer Type Recommendation:  

Supernatural readers! I would say the late YA readers to adults.
If you liked this you'll probably love: If you like the Stephanie Plum series this is another good mystery series that you will like with a character along the same lines—minus the supernatural stuff. And if you enjoy your Sookie Stackhouse novels then you will probably like this one as well.

Read Completely: Oh ya.


Previously In the Series:

Next in the Series:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...