Sunday, 18 December 2011

Review! Beastly Movie


Title: Beastly

Release: 03-04-2011

Staring:  


Alex Pettyfer, Vanessa Hudgens, Mary-Kate Olsen, Neil Patrick Harris, and more.

Rating:  

Synopsis taken from imdb.com:
A modern-day take on the "Beauty and the Beast" tale where a New York teen is transformed into a hideous monster in order to find true love.

Negative:
Vanessa Hudgens. Although I pictures someone who looked like her as Lindy I did not picture her as Lindy and I found her personality very different than the Lindy I read about in the book. I also, however, do not find her that great of an actor, although I don’t let that stop me from watching her movies but it probably did lose a star because of that.

Positive:
Alex Pettyfer....very very fine. He pulled off a pretty good Kyle too. Had the whole jerk act down, which I find he is very good at in some of the movies that he plays.

Another good thing:
The make-up I thought the new twist on the old legend was very good. I liked that instead of being the typical monster with hair they turned him into a tattooed and skin mutilated individual.

And another:
Neil Patrick Harris. I think he was actually quite funny in the movie and the dry sarcastic humour he brought to the movie gave it some more life.

Story Line:

The idea of putting a modern twist on a classic tale is always a good idea, when its done right and Beastly was done right. I, like Lindy, fell in love with the beast. in the beginning I saw what a jerk he was and the Flinn really brings you into the transformation of Kyle. You can't help liking him even when he is being rude.  The costumes and the settings and seeing the city of dark through the eyes of a teen who has shut himself away from the world was a great story, especially when that person is a complete jerk and finds out that no one really liked him.

The characters:

Like the book the characters were all well done. Although the book had a lot more in depth information than the movie the character’s personality came across great.

Men:  
Vanessa Hudgens, Mary-Kate Olsen (although she is a witch in this movie) and probably the story line...maybe just a bit.

Women:
Alex Pettyfer and a modern twist on the Disney classic movie we loved as kids.

Overall:
Over all this movie did justice to the book and I recommend to anyone who loved Beauty and the Beast as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...