Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Review: Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs


Bone Crossed
Author: Patricia Briggs

Rating

Reason chosen:  

I was randomly organizing all my eBooks and came across the Mercy Thompson series and something in me just made me turn the digital page. Then I fell in love and couldn't stop


Marsilia, the local vampire queen, has learned that Mercy crossed her by slaying a member of her clan. Now, she''s out for blood. But since Mercy is protected from direct reprisal by the werewolf pack-and her relationship with its sexy Alpha-it''s not Mercy''s blood Marsilia is after... 

Good:

This story was a really great one. Although it didn’t hold a candle to Iron Kissed this novel in the Mercy Thompson still deserved a 5/5. This novel shows us a more fragile Mercy maybe not as fragile as in Iron Kissed but still enough that it takes us on an emotional roller coaster. And Stephan is back. Gotta love that guy.

And Adam...I can’t help but mention Adam in every book of the series that I review. I just wish he was real.

And of course...Mercy’s relationship with Adam. Things get so good in the novel.

Bad:  

The story line was a little jumbled. I found that having two large events happen in one novel and each weaves in and out of the other (sometimes happening consecutively) makes things more confusing or really just not fix correctly.

Mercy: She’s changed I guess it’s the whole wanting to be submissive thing but I hope she still has some bite left in her.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general): 

Over all it’s a great book and a series I will continue to read. The story line was great and filled with action keeping me wanting to read it until I finished it within 24 hours.

As for her writing style It wasn’t too descriptive but just the right amount. However, sometimes it’s confusing and just the way she words things makes me have to re-read it.

Viewer Type Recommendation:  
Supernatural readers! I would say the late YA readers to adults.

If you liked this you'll probably love: If you like the Stephanie Plum series this is another good mystery series that you will like with a character along the same lines—minus the supernatural stuff. And if you enjoy your Sookie Stackhouse novels then you will probably like this one as well.

Starting to remind me of Twilight with the relationship between Adam and Mercy sort of being similar to that of Bella and Edward.

Read Completely: Oh ya.


Previously in the series:

Next in the Series:
Frost Burned ETA: February  7th 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...