Saturday, 18 February 2012

Review! This Means War 2012


This Means War
Release:  02/17/2012
Staring:  Chris Pine, Tom Hardy, Reese Witherspoon

Rating:

Synopsis:  Two top CIA operatives wage an epic battle against one another after they discover they are dating the same woman.


Negative:  I can’t really think of anything wrong with it other than the story line was a little bit bland.

Positive:
Oh where to start? It’s hard to find a place to being when you can’t stop laughing when you think back about the movie.
First off they show you an epic trailer for Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

Which I just have to mention because it was an awesome trailer and will be a movie I am going to see. That is how you start it off with a bang.
Then you started watching the movie. It was hilarious! The banter that goes on between the two spies/best friends Tuck and FDR kept me laughing throughout the whole movie. I found my abs beginning to hurt and my side was left bruised from my friend elbowing me in the side: there is probably a similar bruise on his side from me doing the same

Story Line:
Two best friends, two spies. One playboy. One romantic. One woman. First boy meets girl then girl meets second boy. Boy 1 and boy 2 find out girlfriend is same girlfriend. Then the two spies come out to play. Both Tuck and FDR decide to surveillance her house and sabotage each other’s dates. And I am telling you there is some eventful stuff that happens on these dates. I mean if you’re dating a spy what else do you expect.
Then their spy life collides with their dating life. All hell breaks lose. A couple of dead bodies, a couple of crumpled car, one seriously trashed restaurant, and one best friend who takes a swamp dive.

The characters:

Tuck: Super sweet. I love him. He is a gentleman. And then you mention that he is “safe” and he goes completely RAMBO on a paintball war site….this all adds up to complete sexiness.
FDR: Playboy. Whitty. Could charm a camel out of a desert. This also all equals super sexy.
Lauren: She has a pretty cool job, a pretty freaking hilarious best friend, and is just always super busy. Also has the worst luck in the world sometimes.

Men: What can you guys get out of this?

Some pretty sweet action. They are spies after all. So you get: 1. Cars blowing up. 2. Fights scenes. 3. War fare action. 4. High speed chases. 5.  Two guys with some seriously epic fight scene occasionally turning around and taking it out on each other. 6. Some funny whit and humourous comments. 6. Reese Witherspoon and other pretty girls.

Women:
Chris Pine. Although a lot of you might possible remember him from The Princess Diaries 2: The Royal Engagement, or Just My Luck, others, including myself, will probably remember him mostly from Star Trek, where he played the sexy James T. Kurk. Ladies let me tell you about him. No wait…why don’t I just show you some pictures, so you, like I, can get lost in his beautiful eyes.



Really can I say much else?
Chris Pine and his character bring some memorable lines, moments and facial expressions to the film……oh sorry. I just got lost in those brilliant baby blues again.
Where was I? Oh ya! He brings some memorable lines, moments and facial expressions to the film that I will never forget and the comments that came out of his mouth, and the way they were said were responsible for more than half the laughter in the theatre. He plays the playboy who thinks he has every woman pinned and can charm his way into their pants. I’m telling you he was super fine in his well tailored suits and million watt smile
The only thing that I did notice…he has very skinny legs. Try and see if you can watch it now without noticing them.

Tom Hardy. Usually extremely sexy in his rugged exterior you might have seen him as Heathcliff in the tv movie version of Wuthering Heights, or perhaps as Tommy Conlon in Warrior, which is a film I highly recommend watching for anyone who likes UFC, and for anyone who does and maybe just likes dramas. He will also be seen in The Dark Knight Rises as Bane later on this year.

In this movie he takes his rugged exterior and turns it around to the romantic, charming, heartfelt Tuck. The kind of guy every girl wishes she could find.
Overall:
Overall, although the story line was lacking I think the humour, action, and romance more than made up for it. With two extremely sexy guys that grow on you from the first second and one extremely inappropriate yet hilarious best friend I couldn’t help but leave the theatre smiling, and thinking about the movie all night and all the next day. This is one I would be more than happy to return to the theatre to see and will be buying it the moment it comes out to for purchase.

Quotes:
Lauren: Oh, I think I'm going to hell 
Trish: Don't worry. If you're going to hell, I'll just come pick you up.

Tuck: Isn’t it beautiful?
FDR: What?
Tuck: The way they look at each other. That they’re still so in love after all these years.
FDR: Dude, that’s the cataracts!


Trailer:




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    I went to see this movie last night and I liked it too. Sure, they stretched reality a bit on the CIA stuff, but who cares? I like my spies to be gorgeous and charming, just like James Bond. Besides, who is paying attention to the story when there is so much eye candy to enjoy? Tom Hardy...yum.

    Have a nice weekend!
    Holjo
    Pedantic Phooka

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...