Monday, 26 March 2012

Quotes-Fins Are Forever by Tera Lynn Child


Here are some of my favourites quotes from Fins Are Forever by Tera Lynn Child.



1. “How do you always know just what to say?" I ask. 
His laugh rumbles through me. "Practice, I guess." 
I pull back and give him a quizzical look. 
"I spent three years imagining what I would say to you if you were mine," he says, tugging me close. 
"I should hope I know what to say now that I've got you.” 

2. “Are you going to distract me by playing footsie?" 
"Absolutely, princess," he says with a wink. 
"Then I won't remember a thing." 
"It's a samurai training technique," he teases, spinning the test prep book toward him. "I distract you as much as possible right now." He slides the book into his lap. "And you'll learn how to test through anything.” 

3.“You're watching me, princess." His soft lips spread into an appreciative smile. 
"People might get the wrong idea." 
"What, that I actually like you now?" I tease. 
He shakes his head and leans toward me. "No, that you're trying to see past me to get an eyeful of Benson." 
I shift my gaze to the board and fix an innocent look on my face. 

"What makes you think that's the WRONG idea?" 
Quince leans even closer and says, "Because you came back for me.” 

4. When the sound of her footsteps on the stairs fades away, Quince asks, “Is she gone?” I peer over his shoulder, through the kitchen, and into the hall beyond. Before I’m done nodding, his lips are on mine. He gives me one of those long, soft, warm-all-over kisses that make me forget Dosinia and Brody and the SATs and anything that isn’t just enjoying this moment. Ah, yes, I mentally sigh. Everything will be fine.

5. The only boy who gives me butterflyfish in the stomach anymore is Quince. I’m ruined for other boys


Enjoy reading!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...