Monday, 21 May 2012

Quotes- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire


Here are quite a few of my favourite quotes from my recent read: Beautiful Disaster by Jame McGuire.-> Click title to read my review.

As always some of these quotes may lead to some spoilers. I especially warn that these will. Although the novel was very very intense so you might think one thing and wind up in the wrong place.

1. “Did you forget I was with you? Are you trying to get me killed?"
"It's hard to forget you're behind me when your thighs are squeezing the life out of me." A smirk came with his next thought. "I couldn't think of a better way to die, actually."
"There is something very wrong with you.”

2. I clinked my bottle against his. “To being the only girl a guy with no standards doesn’t want to sleep with.” I said, taking a swig.

3. “Who can tell me which President had a cross-eyed wife with a bas case of the uglies?” Chaney asked. “Make sure you get that down,” Travis whispered. “I’m gonna need to know that for job interviews.”

4. “Let me guess, it’s the love of your life?” I said quoting Travis’ statement about his motorcycle. “No, it’s a car. The love of my life will be a woman with my last name.”

5. “You love me?” “It’s the tattoos,” I shrugged.

6. “To douchebags!" he said, gesturing to Brad. "And to girls that break your heart," he bowed his head to me. His eyes lost focus. "And to the absolute fucking horror of losing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her.”

7. “You can’t tell me what to do anymore, Travis! I don’t belong to you!” In the second it took him to turn and face me, his expression had contorted into anger. He stomped toward
me, planting his hands on the bed and leaning into my face. “WELL I BELONG TO YOU!” The veins in his neck bulged as he shouted, and I met his glare, refusing to even flinch. He looked at my lips, panting. “I belong to you.”

8. “It's over. Go home."
His eyebrows pulled in. "You're my home.”

9. “I need to hear you say it. I need to know you’re mine.”
“I’ve been yours since the second we met.”

10. “Make way! Move it, people! Lets make room for this poor woman's hideously disfigured, ginormous brain! She's a fucking genius!”

11. “I'm going to kill David Lapinski!" America announced, shaking snow out of her hair as she approached.
"Direct hit!" Shepley laughed. America shot him a warning glare and his laugh turned into a nervous chuckle. "I mean... what an asshole.”

12. “I'm not your anything," I snapped, glaring up at him.
His eyebrows pulled in and he stopped dancing. "You're my everything.”

13. “He laughed once. "Unbelievable. The one girl I want, and she doesn't want me.”

14. “He won't hurt you, Pigeon," Travis said. "I won't let him.”



Oh geese. Some of these quotes get me flustered. What a book.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...