Friday, 22 June 2012

Quotes- Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles


Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read: Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles. (Click title for review).

Keep in mind. They might reveal spoilers.

1. “You gonna wrestle for me this season?”
“No.”
“My team could sure use a good one-sixty five.”
“I’m one-eighty now.”
The coach whistles in awe. “You sure? You look leaner than I remember.”
“I’ve worked out a lot. Muscle weight.”
“Don’t tease me like that, Becker.”

2. I’m the one who was locked up and everyone who stayed home is a frickin’ nutcase. Oh, the comic irony.

3. “Are you following me?” She asks, but doesn’t meet my gaze.
“Yeah,” I say.
“Why?”
“Honestly?”
She looks at me, her eyebrows raised.
I give her the only honest and true answer I have.
“You’re where I want to be.”

4. “I cry a lot.'
'Yeah? Well I'm gonna change that.”

5. “No, the next time i kiss you it'll last a long, long time. And then when we're done you're gonna realize being turned on is not about experience”

6. “Being brave is not as easy as it looks.”

7. I'm wondering if paradise is just some word in the dictionary with the definition: this doesn't fucking exist.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...