Friday, 1 June 2012

Random Reads June 2012

Well, well. Its the beginning of the month again and that means not only more beautiful books to be released this month but another Random Reads!



Random Reads is a lovely meme created my imlovingbooks.com (click link to go to her Random Reads main page), the creator of the lovely series banner and team badges that are seen on my homepage.

I actually have a special surprise for this month! Its summer and even thing is starting to dwindle down in my life. Although a new season of baseball has started my school work load and work workload has diminished (thankfully) so I have more time on my hands and so I've decided to do multiple Random Reads! I was going to do 1 a week but decided with to do three this month and then work my way up in to more. So here they are:



Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
Leaving Paradise #1


I personally love Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles so I hope this one is just as good.


Summary taken from Goodreads:




Nothing has been the same since Caleb Becker left a party drunk and hit Maggie Armstrong, leaving her with a limp for the rest of her life. Caleb and Maggie are pigeonholed as RcriminalS and Rfreak.S Then the truth emerges of what really happened the night of the accident.





Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
Struck #1
Summary taken from Goodreads


Mia Price is a lightning addict. She’s survived countless strikes, but her craving to connect to the energy in storms endangers her life and the lives of those around her.

Los Angeles, where lightning rarely strikes, is one of the few places Mia feels safe from her addiction. But when an earthquake devastates the city, her haven is transformed into a minefield of chaos and danger. The beaches become massive tent cities. Downtown is a crumbling wasteland, where a traveling party moves to a different empty building each night, the revelers drawn to the destruction by a force they cannot deny. Two warring cults rise to power, and both see Mia as the key to their opposing doomsday prophecies. They believe she has a connection to the freak electrical storm that caused the quake, and to the far more devastating storm that is yet to come.

Mia wants to trust the enigmatic and alluring Jeremy when he promises to protect her, but she fears he isn’t who he claims to be. In the end, the passion and power that brought them together could be their downfall. When the final disaster strikes, Mia must risk unleashing the full horror of her strength to save the people she loves, or lose everything.


Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins


It was finished during the month of June but here is my review.

Summary taken from Goodreads.com:

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.




I have a pretty good track record of keeping up with my Random Reads so I will let you know pretty soon what I think of these books!

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Very ambitious! Good luck. :) Lola is good, but I liked Anna and the French Kiss more. I also haven't heard of that one by Simone Elkeles but I love the Perfect Chemistry series. I'll have to check it out. :) I hope you enjoy them all and I'm glad to hear you're keeping up with the reads you pick! This month was a close call for me cause I got really busy, but I still made it! :)

    ♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I hope you enjoy them all- I can't wait to read Struck, myself! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...