Saturday, 2 June 2012

Review: Alien in the Family by Gini Koch


Alien in the Family
Series: Katherine “Kitty” Katt #3
Author:  Gini Koch
Publisher:  DAW
Pages: 457
Format: Paperback
Source: Library

Rating: 




Reason chosen:  

I saw the series in a blog post somewhere and I could not put down the series.

Summary taken from Chapters/Indigo.ca:

Super-Being Exterminator Kitty Katt and the Alpha Centaurian she loves, Jeff Martini, should be finalizing their wedding plans. But that was before she discovers Jeff is in line to become Emperor back on his home world. Kitty knows she is everything a royal family wouldn't approve of, and is bracing herself for the worst. As it turns out, the royal family is just the beginning. Especially when extraterrestrial Amazonian terrorists are determined to start and end Kitty and Jeff's nuptial festivities with a bang.

Review:

Alien in the family was the best book of the series so far. And its all because of the wedding and Jeff Martini. As Kitty sprints down the ile—err, literally—she has many things to deal with, lesbians that grope her, injured friends, alien invasion, passing a test from Jeff’s homeworld, and again figuring out her feelings about everything before anyone else does. That’s the one thing I find weird everyone in this novel seems to know Kitty’s feelings before her, but whatever it seems to all work out. Now, a surprise Vegas wedding… that’s my style of wedding lol. But, if you’ve read the other books in the series, you know what went down once before in Vegas….I think Kitty might be a little hot under the collar in this one. But not worries because Jeff is there this time. And Jeff Martini is by far the most romantic man I’ve seen around in a while, especially in this novel. He buys her some nice clothes (*cough, cough) some jewellery, and just plain loves her and showers her with love in this novel. I’m swooning right now just thinking about it.  And the wedding is by far the most entertaining wedding I’ve ever read about. Only kitty would do what she does at her wedding, and only sexy romantic Jeff would laugh about it and join in with her.

Good:

Kitty: She’s funny. She also just doesn’t care and gets right up into people’s faces and says it.

Jeff Martini: Sexy alien. Romantic man. What a catch. I like his style, and I like how he thinks.

James Reader: Gay best friend. Greatest man around. Did I mention Ex-male model? That sums it up.

Christopher: I’m come to love Christopher more and more. Someone needs to find him a woman so he can live happily every after.

Poofs: Poofs are the greatest animals not from this earth. If there were ever to be Alien visitors I want, no, demand they bring me one. I would treat it with love and tender care. Scouts honour. I mean…girl scouts honour. You know what I mean.

Bad:

Kitty: I know, I know, the same story going on here. Although I still hate that Kitty STILL has cold feet about Jeff, I am happy that she makes up her mind and realizes how lucky she is.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall there were some times that I had to re-read things to complete understand what was going on. There were also times when I stopped re-read something thinking “What?” and realized “Ya, that really did just happen.” This novel has some twists and turn, some visitors, some scary moments, some stupid moments, some Xena Warrior Princess moments, and some lovely romantic moments…and others that were too hot to mention. It also seems that the book just keep getting bigger and bigger in the series. I have no clue how I can speed through them so quickly other than they must be really good.

Quotes:

Click here to see some of my favourite quotes

Previously In the series:

Touched by An Alien-> Click review review
Alien Tango->Click for review

Next In the Series:


Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you like Roswell, are a lover of Aliens and adult fiction lover. Read it.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs, Alpha & Omega Series by Patricia Briggs, Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris.

Read Completely:
Yes.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...