Saturday, 2 June 2012

Review! Snow White and the Huntsman


Snow White and the Huntsman
Release: June 1st 2012
Staring: Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron, Chris Hemsworth

Rating: 

Synopsis taken from IMDB.com:
In a twist to the fairy tale, the Huntsman ordered to take Snow White into the woods to be killed winds up becoming her protector and mentor in a quest to vanquish the Evil Queen.

Negative:
When they say twist on the original story they mean it and of course some people probably don’t like that even when they are given fair warning.

Positive:
I liked the twist. I like that we finally see a Snow White who was meant to rule a kingdom and who stands up for her people.

Story Line:

So basically it’s the classic story line. Snow White is held captive by the Evil Queen after her father dies but she escapes when the Queen finds out that if she devours her heart she will live forever and have beauty forever. Snow White manages to escape into the dark forest where a huntsman is sent after her, but he realizes very quickly that she is something important and decides to protect her instead and help her fight against the Queen. While hiding in the forest the come across Dwarves and the rest I will not ruin for you. Well I guess I should tell you about the Prince aka The Duke’s son William. He and Snow White (a princess) have been friends since they were young but lost touch after her father died and when he learns of her he decides to go out and help her.

The Characters:

Snow White: I have to admit that Kristen Stewart was actually a good choice, she looked very beautiful in this movie, very innocent but determined.
Huntsman: Super sexy hot Chris Hemsworth was a very good choice for this character. He has a broken past as a warrior and because of his past he has become the town drunk, but upon meeting Snow White he finds a way to redeem himself.
William: A generally all around good guy who is determined to find Snow White and help his people. He’s skilled with a bow and a good fighter.
The Evil Queen: She is a vain bitch. I don’t know how else to say it. I found Charlize Theron did a fantastic job as the Evil Queen. Obsessed with her looks and staying young the queen comes from a tormented past where her mother tells her that her looks are all she has and after someone using them against her she turns the tables and uses them against others, tricking them and taking over their Kingdoms

Men:

For any man that might come across this review here is what is in store for you. Beautiful women. As well as battle, fantasy, some kick ass fight scenes and an all around good manly twist on the girly Snow White. It’s an action pack adventure.

Women:

Well not only do we get an aggressive female that happens to be the main character, but also a seriously evil bitchy queen. And then of course there is the men:


Overall:

Overall I have to admit that I was someone who grew up on the traditional Snow White so this one did have some twists to it, but I found that I liked them. I liked the empowered Snow White and the adventure. I previously saw Mirror, Mirror and was ok with the movie (although its meant to be more comical than serious) until they had a Bollywood ending. It threw everything off. So this one was a welcome change filled with fantasy, beauty, romance, adventure. Just everything good. I’m just not 100% sold on the ending. I think I would need to watch it again. But I still liked it enough for it to be a 4/5


Trailer:





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I like SWATH, one of reason I watch this movie, of course Chris Hemsworth and Kristen Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little disappointed by this - I was expecting more I think but still not bad at all. Charlize Theron is just a treat to watch no matter what role she plays.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...