Monday, 2 July 2012

Random Reads July 2012


Last month I failed my Random Read goal. I had three and I came short because of a family reunion. Well, and obviously not prioritizing me reads. I shot high and went for three.

However, its a new month and that means a new Random Reads. And I'm going to shoot high again....technically.

Random Reads is a lovely meme created my imlovingbooks.com (click link to go to her Random Reads main page), the creator of the lovely series banner and team badges that are seen on my homepage.
For the month of June Random.org choose three books for me and Lola and the Boy Next Door fell short by only two days. Sad, sad, sad.
Anyhow I brought Lola and the Boy Next Door over to my July Random Reads and I've already finished it.
Check it out here. Technically I don't know if it counts, but oh well.
And this month Random.org has chosen two more books for me.

So here they are for this month:

Book #1 to be read between the 1st-15th of July


The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Iron Fey #1


Summary taken from Goodreads.com:


Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.



Book #2 to be read between the 15th-end of July
The Power of Six by Pittacus LoreLorien Legacies #2


I've already the first and have been putting off the second for far too long


Summary taken from Goodreads.com:


I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.

And I'm ready to fight.



I will complete my Random Reads this month. I swear.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Ooh you've chosen two books, well done :) I bought the Iron King a few weeks ago and it looks so good, so hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I still haven't read 'I Am Number Four' - I really must get on that sometime soon... I've picked two books this month too and have wound up with DIANA by Sarah Bradford (a biography that's been idling on my shelves for years) and FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS by Hunter Thompson, which I only bought a few months ago. Can't wait to read that one, it's such a cult classic! :)

    Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl
    http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two are also on my TBR list, lol. Great picks, I'm sure you'll enjoy them. I ended up picking Covet from JR Ward :0)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...