Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Quotes- Rogue by Rachel Vincent


Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read:
 #2: Rogue by Rachel Vincent. (Click for my review)

Be forewarned there maybe spoilers.

1. Because what better way was there to end a date than by burying a corpse in the middle of the night.

2. Most of my friends had returned to school the week before and had probably spent their night gathered around textbooks and boxes of pizza. I, on the other hand, had chased down a trespasser, in three-inch heels, and would soon be digging a grave by hand in the middle of the night.

3. Almost one in the morning. Great. I should have been curled up next to Marc in bed, exhausted but satisfied instead, I was digging unmarked graves by moonlight, exhausted but creeped-the-fuck-out.

4. Regardless, Marc was nothing if not prepared. He was like an overgrown Boy Scout. A Boy Scout with gorgeous gold-flecked brown eyes and glossy black curls crowning a physique solid enough to stop a ducking freight train. A Boy Scout who could bring a girl screaming with a single lingering glance…Okay, he really had little in common with the Boy Scouts, other than the whole overpreparedness thing.

5. Marc’s favourite travel game was highway tag, which he played by getting just close enough to passing semi trucks to reach out his window and touch their rear bumpers. Seriously. The man thought the inevitability of death didn’t apply to him, simply because it hadn’t happened yet.

6. Ryan was nearing the end of his ninety-first day, with no end in sight, and he deserved every single second of his punishment. Actually, he deserved worse, but our father consistently refused my request to have him neutered. It must have been a guy thing.

7. “Two-Three,” Marc finished for me. I frowned, but before I could cry “foul,” he hoisted me into the air by my waist and tossed me across the rug, without so much as a grunt. “Catch,” he shouted to Vic, who’d just bolted up from his seat on the couch.

8. “Don’t throw your damned honor in my face. What good is honor when you’re dead?” I swallowed thickly. “What good is the truth, if you only use it when it doesn’t matter?”

9. Luiz stomped toward me and crushed the tape beneath his boot. I grabbed another. Aerosmith. Nope, can’t throw classic Aerosmith.

10. I had no desire to hear another woman tell my boyfriend how hot he was. If I wanted him to know, I'd damn well tell him myself.

11. Walking around nude in front of humans was not a good way to keep a low profile with the community. It was an excellent way to make new friends, though.

12. “Have either of you seen your mother ”
“Yeah ” Ethan said and my heart actually skipped a beat.
But I should have known Ethan was joking. “Slim lady. Blue eyes and a gray pageboy ” he continued his eyes glistening in appreciation of his own humor. “Answers to the name ‘Mom.”


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...