Just got home from a lovely vacation and I received something lovely in my mail
Which reminded me.
Here are some of my favourite quotes from Elemental #2: Spark by Brigid Kemmerer. (Click title for review).
1. “What are you really doing with Becca?”
Hunter shrugged and looked back at the twine, letting the rock untwist itself. “Nothing. She asked for my help. I’m giving it.”
“This help wouldn’t be the naked kind, would it?”
2. Gabriel half shrugged. “Homework.”
An eyebrow raised. “Homework? Should I call a doctor?”
Gabriel took a spoonful of Cheerios and gave him the finger.
3. “you’re defending her? She just called me a prostitute.”
He raised his eyebrows and looked at Layne. “Really?”
God, her cheeks felt like they were on fire. “Well…I said she looked like one…”
Gabriel looked back at Taylor, taking in the black fishnets, the tiny little skirt, the top that left three inches of midriff bare.
“I can see it.”
4. “She’s unusual”
“Dude, no offense, but you’re unusual.”
5. “You know,” he said by way of greeting, “that night I caught you with Layne, I called you a future felon. I didn’t realize that you’d make good on that predication so quickly.”
“That night you dragged Layne out of my driveway, I called you an asshole. Guess we were both right.”
6. “Look, I don’t want you to get the wrong idea—“
“Don’t worry, I already have.”
7. “I thought you’d be out for a run.”
“Hey, Mike,” he said innocently. “I thought girls weren’t allowed to spend the night?”
“At least you’re not wearing her shirt.”
8. “I don’t really think I need to explain myself to you.”
Gabriel smiled and took a sip of coffee, “No, no, I’m enjoying this.”
9. “She gasped as his thumb went under the edge of her bra, then playfully smacked him. “Hey!”
“Sorry.” He kissed her again. “Thought I should check thoroughly.”