Thursday, 18 October 2012

Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack


Losing It
Author: Cora Carmack
Pages: 204
Format: ebook
Source: Purchased
View/Purchase:  Goodreads, Amazon

Rating:

Reason chosen:

I’ve seen this book flying around and saw that it has an average rating of 4/5 on Goodreads so I thought I would give it a shot

Summary taken from Goodreads:

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

Review:

So, I’m not gonna lie. I was expecting this to be one of those books were a naive girl falls for her teacher and her teacher takes advantage of her. Was I ever proven wrong, and thankfully so. I actually respected Garrick because he doesn’t take advantage of Bliss. He actually does everything possible in the beginning to avoid her. Not to mention they are only like two year apart or something so you actually feel for them. You connect with the characters. I was expecting to be disgusted with Garrick, but considering everything happens before they realize he is her teacher I didn’t. Not to mention he is a true gentlemen. Throughout the novel I kept telling my co-worker that I was so confused about this book. I wasn’t sure if I should be against their relationship or for it, and I wasn’t sure If I was for Garrick or against him too. Then they throw in the possible other love interest and my heart was being torn. Some people may not like this book because they believe the idea of falling for your teacher and being with them is wrong..which in a lot of cases it is. But, this one is different there is no pressure, no one taking advantage of the other; in fact they seem to act like respectable adults—this is a different look on the situations.
And the humour, I was not expecting it. I was expecting a very serious book and it was at a lot of points but the characters were very funny and it took be by surprise. Not to mention the hot passion. Holy crap it could have melted the chair I was sitting on.

Good:

Garrick—not the typical character and acts like an adult

Bad:

Bliss—she really does think too much. I didn’t like how she constantly second-guessing everything except her acting. Life should be lived living not worrying. I guess maybe that is a moral to this story as well.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall the writing was very well done. The humour was subtle and made me smile. The characters were interesting and filled with depth. Cora Carmack takes you into a different hot-for-teacher scenario filled with passion and confusion that makes your heard spin but your heart weep, and your pulse race.

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you like the hot-for-teacher scenario, or are a general lover or romance and passion that this is the book for you.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens, Something About You by Julie James, Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney, Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Read Completely:
Yes


This was my 100th book of 2012!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. oh this reminds me a bit of Slammed by Colleen Hoover, which is an all time favorite book for me this year!! I didn't know this was a teacher-student relationship and I'm SO EXCITED to pick it up. but ugh, I don't like a protagonist who thinks too much, but yea your review has got me excited! I personally would cheer them on since like you said there is only 2 years between them and no one is taking advantage of the other.

    great review!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently bought this and wasn't sure when I was going to get to it, but after your review, it's moved way up the list on my tbr pile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!
    As for the book, I didn't really liked it. Bliss was just too much for me, though nice review :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...