Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read:
#1: Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
(Click title for review)
Remember, I cannot promise that these quotes do not contain spoilers.
1. Every so often, a small—and I mean really small—smile would grace his lips whenever I’d ask him an irritating question. I wasn’t even sure he was paying attention to the book of—
“Alex, stop staring at me and do some cardio.” He flipped another page.
I blinked. “I hope that book of yours is on charm and personality skills.”
2. “Oh. Boring. I can’t believe you read textbooks for fun.” I paused, considering that. “Never mind. On second thought, I can believe you read textbooks for fun.”
3. “Okay. I’m ready to move onto something else, like practicing with knives or defense against the dark arts. Cool things.”
“Did you just quote Harry Potter?”
I grinned. “Maybe I did.”
4. “I’m a half-blood.”
He arched a blond brow. “Wow. I have no idea you were a half-blood, Alexandria. Color me shocked.”
5. “Are you lost, Lea? This isn't where they're handing out the free pregnancy tests.”
6. “Did you think he was just some lazy pure-blood who needed protection?” His voice dripped sarcasm.
“Well he looks like one! How was I supposed to know he was secretly Rambo in Dockers?”
7. "So a skunk humped my leg earlier.”
8. “You’re in my personal space, buddy.”
A playful smile graced his lips. “So? What are you going to do about it? Throw your mashed potatoes at me? I’m consumed by terror.”
9. “If you ever say something that stupid again, I will smother your in your sleep.”
His golden brows rose. “Little Alex, are you suggesting that we sleep together?”
Stunned by how he came to that conclusion, I lowered the towel. “What? No!”
“Then how could you smother me in my sleep unless you were in bed with me?” he gave me a sly grin. “This about it.”
10. “I think that’s possible the nicest thing you have said to me. Ever.”
I laughed. “No it’s not. I’ve said nice thing to you before.”
There had to be another situation when I’d said something nice. “Like…when…” I couldn’t think of anything. Jeez, I was a bitch. “Okay. That is the first nice thing I’ve said to you.”
“I think I need a moment to recognize and cherish this.”
11. “We’ve actually help an entire conversation without insulting one another. Next thing you know, you’ll actually consider me a friend.”
“Baby steps, Seth. Baby steps.”