Friday, 7 December 2012

Review: The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper


The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf
Series:  Naked Werewolf #2
Author:  Molly Harper
Publisher: Pocket Books
Genre:  Adult, Supernatural
Release Date: March 29th 2011
Pages: 352
Format: ebook
Source: Purchased

Rating:

Reason chosen:

Loved the first book. Only makes sense to read the second one right afterwards

Summary taken from Goodreads:

Baring It All Generations of werewolves have been secretly residing in a secluded valley a stone’s throw from Grundy, Alaska. So when a snooping Outsider comes to Grundy to investigate rumors of lycanthropic shenanigans in the area, the valley’s pack alpha, Maggie Graham, resolves to chase him away, even if doing so takes a quick bite on the butt. What a pity that researcher Nick Thatcher turns out to be so drool-worthy, and that his kisses make Maggie want to sit up and beg. Maggie just can’t seem to convince Nick to leave . . . and even worse, she can’t convince herself to stay away from him. Cross-species dating is problem enough for a harried alpha female, but on top of that, a rival group of werewolves is trying to move into the valley. With interpack war threatening, Maggie can’t afford to be distracted. Combining romance and a career can be tough for anyone; for a werewolf in love with a human, it may be disastrous. . .

Review:

I loved this story. I loved the nerdiness of it all. I love the brass and no B.S. female lead. I loved it. In this book I found myself liking the female lead more than the first novel, and the male lead…well not as much as Cooper. So a little bit of the opposite from the first in the series. But, really I loved Maggie I thought her dry sarcastic humour was outrageously funny! And I did find the sexy professor in Nick. The story lines in this book I found was a little bit more predictable when it came to the “bad guy”, although technically I was only half right. I also found the relationship between Nick and Maggie a little more off…I felt like they feel for each other a little too quickly. Although, I love Nick’s determination, and when Maggie turned around and saw him for the first time and said “Mama like.” I almost cried with laughter and new that Maggie and I are kindred spirits. Anyone who can sling sarcasm like it was a white t-shirt at a wet t-shirt contest is number uno in my books.

Good:

Maggie—a force to be reckoned with, sarcasm slinging tom-boy with absolutely no manners and hold nothing back attitude who hides paperbacks in work filling cabinet…clearly an awesome person.

Nick—he does pull off the sexy professor and nerd stuff. Makes my toes tingle.

This is how I pictured Nick, but, of course, with glasses. And, mainly the longer hair.


"Mama likes"

Samson—Love the big goof

Clay—I think you’re a stand-up guy.

Bad:

Some of the story loved a little slowly, and I felt like Nick and Maggie happened without them really getting to know each other.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall the story was hilarious, the story-line picked up right where the last one finished and had some pretty good twists and turns. I found myself laughing out loud…a lot. And I really grew to like Maggie more in this novel than the second. Molly Harpers gives you a different look to the Werewolves that we’ve grown to love in Alaska and again sweeps you off your feet with a top-notch romance with a large side of adventure and sexy professors.

Quotes:

Click here for some of my favourite quotes

Previously in the Series:

How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf #1 ->Click for review

Next in the Series:

Number 3 is coming...just don’t know when and what its called.

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of strong female heroines, supernatural romances, a good story lines, and a boat load of sarcasm than this is your kind of novel.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones, Supernaturally Kissed by Stacey Kennedy, Jolie Wilkins series by H. P. Mallory, Demon Huntingin Dixie by Lexi George, Wild About You Series by Vicki Lewis Thompson, MercyThompson and Alpha & Omega series by Patricia Briggs

Read Completely:
Yes

Author Website/Blog:
Twitter: @mollyharperauth

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read this series! I'll keep the sudden romance thing in mind though.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would like an alternative to casually flirting with girls and trying to figure out the right thing to do...

    If you'd prefer to have women pick YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in filthy bars and night clubs...

    Then I urge you to view this short video to learn a strong secret that might get you your personal harem of attractive women:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...