Monday, 24 December 2012

Review: The Reluctant Wife by Bronwen Evans


The Reluctant Wife
Author: Bronwen Evans
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Genre: Adult, Romance, Comtemporary
Release Date: December 20th 2012
Pages:  170
Format: ebook
Source: Provided by Publisher for review
View/Purchase:  Goodreads, Amazon, B&N

Rating:

Reason chosen:

The summary and cover hooked me.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

Abby Taylor walked out on her irresistible husband three years ago. Now she has no choice but to return to Italy to ask him for a favor. To pay for her grandmother's heart operation she needs his money, but it comes with strings attached.

Conte Dante Lombardi has it all—an Italian villa, a successful family business, and a noble title. But he needs a child to carry on his legacy and time is running out. He also hopes to satisfy the desire Abby rouses in him.

As Abby uncovers why he’s in such a hurry for a child, she falls in love with him again … just as she realizes it might be impossible to keep her end of the deal.

Review:

At first I had mixed feelings about this novel. However, I was certain of one thing…Dante is a jerk, but a sexy jerk non-the-less. I liked the scenario that Abby and Dante find themselves in, and that neither of them are willing to admit their feelings (Abby was before she left, but Dante never could). Now, what got me was that Dante was 29 and Abby was 19 when they married. That freaked me out. Which, I also guess is why I understood why Abby left. She freaked out because Dante was ready for more…he was ready for a family. I’m not 100% sure how I feel about that yet because that is a ten year age gap and Abby was barely an adult when she married, barely even an adult when she comes back. But, I could put that aside and focus on the story. I also could somewhat understand why Dante distanced himself emotionally as well…although I think his reason was just stupid considering he’s a Catholic and family man. The reason why he distanced himself (his father dying young and his mother being devastated) and being a catholic and loyal family man didn’t really seem to be characteristics that would fit together, so I wasn’t really feeling that part. However, the romance between them was hot…hot…HOT. There are many moments that made me smile, made my toes curl, and even made me giggle. That’s right giggle. And then there were many serious moments and I found that the ending to this novel really fit it wasn’t the standard fairy-tale, but a fairy-tale non-the-less. A modern day fairy-tale I guess. Bronwen Evans’ novel is a easy reading sizzling romance that will pull on your heart strings.

Good:

Abby—dedicated to her family and an independent woman who made a name for herself.

Dante—Cocky, loyal, and determined. Love the combination.

Bad:

Some things about the characters didn’t really seem to fit together.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall the story was an easy read. I never had to re-read something and found that I could really get into the novel. I loved the feisty characters and loved the way the book ended.

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a love of romance novels, with jerk husbands that are loyal to their family and heritage and females leads that are the exact same, but just not a stubborn, than this is the book for you.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Wife for Hire by Christine Bell, Wallbanger by Alice Clayton, Marriage to a Billionaire series by Jennifer Probst, Play-By-Play series by Jaci Burton, Wanted! By Vicki Lewis Thompson, Turn It On by Vivian Arend, Don’t Mess With Texas by Christie Craig, Weldon series by Jennifer Saints

Read Completely:
Yes

Author Website/Blog:
Twitter: @authorbevans

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm not usually a fan of contemporary romances but this one seems like it's one that I should give a try! Great review :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...