Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Quotes! Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read:
 #3: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Click title for review)

There are many quotes here, so some spoilers may have snuck in. 

1. “A slow, wry smile teased Daemon’s lips. "Simmer down, Kitten, before I have to get you a ball of yarn to play with."

2. “Oh, dear God and baby Jesus in the manger, my eyes!” Dee shrieked. “My eyes!”

3. “You haven't been smiling much. I missed it, so I decided to reward you for doing it." "Reward me?" I laughed. "God, only you would think kissing someone is a reward." "You know it is. My lips change lives, baby.”

4. “Kitten..." "Don't Kitten me." I scowled, on a roll now. "You left around five or so and didn't get back till when? Past two in the morning? What were you guys doing? And get that stupid smile off your face. This isn't funny." Daemon tried to get rid of the smile but failed. "I love when your claws come out.”

5. “Dawson shifted, dropping his head into his hand. "Do you ever stop talking?"
"When I'm sleeping," Blake replied.
"And when you're dead," Daemon threw back. "You'll stop talking when you're dead."
Blake's lips thinned. "Point taken.”

6. There was a pause, then his lips stretched into a smile. "You're right."
Hell froze over. Pigs were flying. "Come again?"
"You're right. I should have checked in at some point. I'm sorry."
The world was flat. I didn't know what to say. According to Daemon, he was right about 99 percent of the time. Wow.

7. “Honestly, as much as I love my brother, I’m not sure how I feel about him hanging out in your bedroom.” He reached out with a muscular arm and used his fingers to brush a few strands of hair off my cheek, tucking them behind my ear. I shivered, and he smiled. “I feel like I need to mark my territory.” “Shut up.” “Oh, I love it when you get all bossy-pants. It’s sexy.”

8. “You're amazing."
"I know it didn't take you this long to realize that."
"No. I've always known it." I watched him root around for another strawberry. "Maybe not in the beginning..."
He peeked up. "My awesomeness is all about the stealth.”

9. “You and that damn pen.”
“You love it.”

10. “I have the feeling we just made a deal with the devil, and he's going to come back and want our first-born child or something."
Daemon waggled his brows. "You want kids? Because you know, practice makes--"
"Shut up." I shook my head and started walking.”

11. A few seconds after he stepped out into the hallway and closed the door behind him, there was a fleshly smack and then Andrew yelling, “Ouch. What in the hell was that for?” “Your timing sucks on an epic level,” Daemon shot back.

12. Daemon was standing in the doorway of my bedroom. Hair messy from sleep, flannel pajama bottoms rumpled. No shirt. Three feet plus of snow outside, and he was still half naked.

13. Slowly he looked at me, and then he bent down, planting his lips on mine. The kiss was unexpected—deep and forceful. Stunned I just stood there as he pulled back, nipping at my bottom lip. "Tasty, Kitten." Then he spun, planted his right hand on Blake’s shoulder, knocking him back into a locker. “See you around,” he said, smirking.

14. “You grew up too fast, baby."
Didn't always feel that way, especially this morning when I couldn't find my other flip-flop and I'd been, like, two seconds from kicking a fit.

15. Andrew never liked me. I don’t even think he liked people in general. Or puppies. Or bacon.

16. “You’re terrible.”
“And you’re naughty.” He backed up, grinning. “Thought she said leave the door open.”
“It is.” I gestured behind me. “It’s cracked. That’s open.”
“Technicalities” He said.

17. “Rules number two is that we don’t talk about Dawson or Will. And number three, we focus on my awesomeness.”

18. “I find it incredibly attractive when you’re all feisty with me.” His lips brushed against my temple. “That probably makes me disturbed. But I like it.”

19. “My bubbly personality is like its own screaming person.”

20. Lesa sighed. “I need a Daemon.”
I turned to her, unable to hide my grin. “You have a Chad.”
She rolled her eyes. “He doesn’t bring me lattes.”
Daemon chuckled. “Not everyone can be as great as I am.”
Now I rolled my eyes. “Ego check, Daemon, ego check.”

21. “Let your inner stripper come out and play”

22. “Wait!” The thermal was halfway up my stomach. My chilled fingers circled his wrists. “What are you doing?”
“Getting you naked.”
My mouth dropped open at the same time my heart did a backflip. A heady warmth cascaded through my veins. “Uh, wow. Way to cut to the point.”

23. “Did you slip and fall on my bed? Because I don’t understand how you’ve accidentally ended up there.”

24. It would be romantic it I didn’t want to punch him in the face.

25. “Did I tell you I have a soft spot for bad girls?”…
“Truancy does it for you?”
When he lowered his body, it thrummed with a low charge and where our bodies met, sparks flew. “You do it for me.”



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...