Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read:
To the Nines (Stephanie Plum #9) by Janet Evanovich (Click title for review)
I don't think there are any spoilers, but still be careful while reading these...you never know.
1. “Nah, nah, nah. Kiss my can, you can’t catch me, I’m the Vaseline man.”
2. “I hate this,” Morelli said. “Why can’t I have a girlfriend who has normal problems…like breaking a fingernail or missing a period or falling in love with a lesbian?”
3. Lulu has Eminem cranked up. He was rapping about trailer park girls and how they go around the outside, and I was wondering what the heck that meant. I’m a white girl from Trenton. I don’t know these things. I need a rap sheet.
4. Ranger looked at me and winked and I almost fell off my seat. It was the first time he’d ever winked at me. Somehow Ranger and winking didn’t go together.
5. Ranger looked at me with dark eyes. “It’s my turn to guard your body, babe.” Oh boy.
6. “Sometimes it’s hard to tell what’s love and what’s only indigestion”
7. “It’s the twenty-first century,” I told tank. “Women drive.”
“Only in my bed,” Tank said. “Never in my car.”
8. “If you’re looking for a rent-a-thug, I told Ranger you’d be with me this morning.”
“Did he make you take a blood oath that you’d protect me?”
“He asked me if I had adequate health insurance.”
9. “My grandmother is a little Cuban woman who cooks all day and speaks Spanish. Your grandmother watches pay-per-view porn.”
“She used to watch the Weather Channel, but she said there wasn’t enough action.”