Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Review: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Opal
Series: Lux #3
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal
Release Date: December 11th 2012
Pages:  382
Format: Paperback
Source: Purchase

Rating

Reason chosen:

Because I love Daemon and Katy. I love when he says Kitten. I just love, love, love this series.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

Review:

Oh Daemon, Daemon, Daemon. And now Dawson! I can’t get over it. Even when they are fighting you can’t help but still swoon and fall for him. His cocky persona, his loving touches, and his all around jerkiness makes me wish that Daemon was real, because he really is one of a kind. So many things happen between Daemon and Katy in this novel and all they try to do is find a small amount of normalcy in their lives. Even going on a date and learning more about each other outside of the alien world is a very hard thing in their lives. This novel took me on a whirl-wind ride and I don’t even know how much of a review I can post without potentially revealing something. I will tell you that in this novel I find myself falling in love with Daemon all over again, just like in the first. I also felt for Katy…her life is a mess and there isn’t much she can do about it. And then there is the ending…I will tell you that it is a Cliffhanger, and that it changes the future of the series. Everything will be different and I cannot wait to find out all about it!

Good:

Katy—still a feisty book loving girl.

Daemon—He’s Daemon as always

Dawson—A new add to the mix. He brings something fresh and reminds me of Daemon

Bad:

Nothing that I can think of.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall, this book was another fantastic add to the series. I was captivated, drooling, sometimes frustrated and I simply want more, more, more. The humour was a plenty and the book was easy to follow. He story line in this book was pretty straight forward however there are some events that change the tone of the book making it far more serious than the previous novels. There weren’t many major twists until the end…that is when something really really big happens. It’s…crazy good. As per usual Jennifer L. Armentrout sucks you into her mischievous alien world probably with a large Cheshire cat smile on her face because, guess what?...She has you waiting impatiently for the next one and drooling over Daemon in your sleep. Let’s remember to bow down to her for her extraordinary writing technique and mad story-telling skills. What it would be like to spend a day in her imagination.

Quotes:

Click here are some of my favourite quotes

Previously In the Series:

Shadows (#0.5)-> Click for review
Obsidian (#1)->Click for review
Onyx (#2)-> Click for review

Next in the Series:

Origins (#4) ETA: July 2013
Untitled (#5) ETA: 2014

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of alien romances, young adult love, or just some good teenage adventure novels with a little paranormal put in there, than this is the book for you.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Greta and the Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs, Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter, Iron King by Julie Kagawa, Poison Princess by Kresley Cole, Shifters series by Rachel Vincent, Of Poseidon by Anna Banks, Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer, HexHall series by Rachel Hawkins, Ghost and the Goth series by Stacey Kade, Fins series by Tera Lynn Childs, Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, Jessica series by Beth Fantaskey

Read Completely:
Oh yes, yes, yes

Trailer:

Author Website/Blog:

Twitter: @jlarmentrout






My Last Book of 2012!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love this series, and I loved Dawson. He was so different, and yet quite the same, the ending was simply brilliant. I'm a Dawson fan, so I absolutely loved the ending, but I really felt bad for Daemon, but it was coming. I can't wait to read Origin. Great review =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I definitely cannot wait for the next novel either! I would really love it if she would put out another Novella from Dawson's POV! That would so cool. We need more Dawson!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...