Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Quotes! Warm Bodies


Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read:

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion (Click title for review)

There is a chance of spoilers.

1. I want to change my punctuation. I long for exclamation marks, but I'm drowning in ellipses.

2. In my mind I am eloquent; I can climb intricate scaffolds of words to reach the highest cathedral ceilings and paint my thoughts. But when I open my mouth, everything collapses

3. “There is no ideal world for you to wait around for. The world is always just what it is now, and it's up to you how you respond to it.”

4. What wonderful thing didn't start out scary?

5. My friend "M" says the irony of being a zombie is that everything is funny, but you can't smile, because your lips have rotted off.

6. Once you've arrived at the end of the world, it hardly matters which route you took.

7. I am Dead, but it's not so bad. I've learned to live with it.

8. What a massive responsibility, being a moral creature.

9. Here it comes. My inevitable death, ignoring me all those years when I wished for it daily, arriving only after I've decided I want to live forever.

10. We're fumbling in the dark, but at least we're in motion.

11. The past is made out of facts...I guess the future is just hope.

12. But I'm not afraid of the skeletons in Julie's closet. I look forward to meeting the rest of them, looking them hard in the eye, giving them firm, bone-crunching handshakes.

13. If there are rules, we're the ones making them. We can change them whenever we want to.

14. It does make me sad that we've forgotten our names. Out of everything, this seems to me the most tragic. I miss my own and I mourn for everyone else's, because I'd like to love them, but I don't know who they are.

15. …and we'll see what happens when we say Yes while this rigor mortis world screams No.

16. I sigh inside, so exhausted by these ugly questions, but when did a monster ever deserve its privacy?

17. Even in my bravest moment, I am a coward.

18. The jolt throw our heads to the side, and I hear my children’s necks snap in the back seat. They groan in protest and I shush them. I’m already embarrassed; I don’t need my kids rubbing it in.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...