Sunday, 10 February 2013

Review: Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde


Reaper’s Property
Series: Reapers MC #1
Author:  Joanna Wylde
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave Publishing Inc.
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date:  January 9th 2013
Pages:  240
Format: ebook
Source: Purchased
View/Purchase:  Goodreads, Amazon, B&N

Rating:

Reason chosen:

I saw a post about this book and I just had to look a little further into it.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

Marie doesn’t need a complication like Horse. The massive, tattooed, badass biker who shows up at her brother’s house one afternoon doesn’t agree. He wants Marie on his bike and in his bed. Now.

But Marie just left her abusive jerk of an ex-husband and she’s not looking for a new man. Especially one like Horse—she doesn’t know his real name or where he lives, she’s ninety percent certain he’s a criminal and that the “business” he talks with her brother isn’t website design. She needs him out of her life, which would be a snap if he’d just stop giving her mind-blowing orgasms.

Horse is part of the Reapers Motorcycle Club, and when he wants something, he takes it. What he wants is Marie, but she’s not interested in becoming “property of”.

Then her brother steals from the club. Marie can save him by giving Horse what he wants—at home, in public, on his bike… If she’s a very, very good girl, she’ll get lots more of those orgasms only he can offer, and he’ll let her brother live.

Maybe.

Review:

Well this book was different than any other adult book I have read, and that’s because this is probably one of the baddest bad-boys around. I have never read an adult novel about a biker gang, but I am happy to say that I like it. There were some moments that made me mad, basically about Horse’s character. He definitely seemed like someone who could have a different personality (hot and cold), but considering he is not only in a biker gang but a war veteran that seems pretty plausible. This book was very hot and very passionate, and Horse is not a man you want to mess with. I was attracted to Horse just like Marie, no doubt about it, but there were some moments that Marie and I did not see eye to eye. Granted if I was in the same situation I would have probably made the same choice, but there were a lot of moments when I sat there thinking “Marie…what the heck are you thinking?”. But that aside I found this novel to be well written, the story line was pretty new and exciting to me, and Horse was definitely the kind of man you fantasize about.

Good:

Horse—I still question whether or not he is a good guy. I guess he is, but his morals can be easily swayed sometimes.

I looked everywhere for a picture of how I saw Horse in my mind
This is how I pictured Horse.

Bad:

Marie—She was not my favourite of female characters. Sometimes she was strong other times she was really not-so smart in my opinion.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall the flow of the novel was pretty well done. At first I was a little confused because there is some flash back moments until about half-way through the novel when you get up-to-date and then its pretty easy to read from there. I never really had to re-read anything except in the first few chapters the biker terminology was a little difficult to follow, but it came together pretty soon. I did find Marie a little not to my liking, as well as her brother. I didn’t really understand him and how his character developed. Other than some need for character development I found this novel to be a really good romantic and passionate read.

Next in the Series:

There is info saying there will be more, but no information is released as of yet.

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of bad boys. Then you have met your match with Horse and maybe you should meet him by reading this book.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Charade by Nyrae Dawn, Rush by Maya Banks, Marriage to a Billionaire series by Jennifer Prosbt, Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost, Turn It On by Vivian Arend, Play-By-Play series by Jaci Burton,Weldon series by Jennifer Saints, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Read Completely:
Yes

Alternate Covers:


Author Website/Blog: http://www.joannawylde.net
Twitter: @joannawylde

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...