Thursday, 21 March 2013

Review: The Billionaire's Christmas Baby by Victoria James


The Billionaire’s Christmas Baby
Author:  Victoria James
Genre:  Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Holiday
Release Date:  November 19th 2012
Pages:  184
Format: ebook
Source: Provided by publisher for review

Rating:

Reason chosen: 

I was recently asked to be apart of a Victoria James upcoming blog tour for her novel A Risk Worth Taking, and then I remembered that a publisher had sent me this novel a while ago. So I hopped on it.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

Jackson Pierce didn’t make his fortune entertaining every half-cocked idea, especially one involving diaper changes. Not even the cute brunette who links him to the baby in her arms can crack his icy heart.
 
A baby on the doorstep is the least of Hannah Woods’s problems—she has to find the baby’s uncle, or the child will end up in foster care. She sleuths her way to the reclusive CEO’s doorstep only to find six feet of holiday sexy—and a door slammed in her face. But when Jackson comes around and urges they marry for little Emily’s sake, Hannah finds herself falling for the jaded billionaire and wishing for a holiday miracle of their own…

Review:

Oh so cute. I really did enjoy this fast and cute novel by Victoria James. I liked the romance, and the baby-aspect. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy in the heart location. There were some parts of the story that I felt could improve. Mainly I thought the romance happened pretty quickly, and then ended really wasn’t explained very well. I felt like the climax of the novel wasn’t really a climax at all it sort of just fizzled out. One minute you thought there was a big moment where they were going to need to fight for what they wanted and then it just passed over that part. It was a good, cute, and romantic light read, but I felt there wasn’t too much emotion that was reeling me in. My favourite moment was probably when Jackson and Hannah first meet and Jackson is quite the jerk, then he tries and to make up for it. I loved how Hannah could break Jackson down and make him into a warmer and more loving man, and, although fast, I did really enjoy the evolution of their romance.

Good:

Jackson—A good guy deep down that was just trying to make a life for himself

Bad:

Hannah—I wasn’t a big fan of Hannah, especially near then. I just started questioning her character and didn’t quite understand how Jackson wasn’t questioning it as well.

Sadly some of the story was lacking in general. I didn’t feel the love, probably because I thought it came quickly, and I didn’t like that the climax was sort of skipped over and never really dealt with.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall the writing was easy to follow. I never tripped up or was really confused, and overall I did enjoy the story. I just wish there was a little more detail and depth to really get me involved.

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of strangers meeting and falling in love, or the contemporary romance that evolves around the importance of family, than this is for you.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

The Proposition by Katie Ashley, Secret Santa Baby by Robin Covington, Wife for Hire by Christine Bell, Marriage to a Billionaire series by Jennifer Probst, Something About You by Julie James, Wanted! By Vicki Lewis Thompson, Weldon series by Jennifer Saints, Don’t Mess With Texas by Christie Craig

Read Completely: 
Yes

Author Website/Blog: http://www.victoriajames.ca
Twitter: @vicjames101
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Victoria-James/412431258807271

  
This book was provided courtesy of the author/publisher for review; however, this is no way affected my review.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The premises kinda reminds me of Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas with the baby issue and the girl looking for the father. I loved that one and I'll definitely give this one a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...