Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (04.09.2013): Top Ten Books I Read Before I was a Blogger


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and The Bookish

This weeks "Top Ten Tuesday" is Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger.

It is crazy how joining the blogging community can change you tastes. I still love all the books on the list below but I just find its amazing how far I've come and how it feels like these books were from an entirely different generation.
I remember going to the book store, or library, and just looking at the cover of books. Checking each one out row by row. Then picking up one that looked good and reading the back cover. 
Now, I never get a chance to roam the library or book store because I always know which book I am reading next. I barely every go based off of just the summary on the back cover. 
If I would have stayed the same I would have missed out on the wonderful world of electronic books (mainly the ones you can not buy in stores). Not to mention I live in a small town, and now when I can't find the book I'm looking for I order it! Before I would have simply given up. Or just have not even known it existed

Thank you book blogging Gods. Thank you. 



1. The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games #1
Suzanne Collins

This was my first book in the dystopian genre. I loved it. It was like nothing I had ever read before and it is still one of my favourites.
2. This Lullaby 
Saran Dessen

Sarah Dessen opened my work up to the "broken girl" character, and it all started with Remy and Dexter. 
3. Girl in the Arena
Lise Haines

Girl in the Arena was another book in the dystopian genre that I loved and still do. It plays on parts of our society and takes them to an extreme--like our loving for MMA fighting.
4. Pride and Prejudice
Jane Austen

My first Jane Austen novel and I will admit that some parts were a little long and a little boring, but overall I admired Elizabeth Bennet and I loved Mr.  Darcy. 
5. To Kill a Mockingbird
Harper Lee

I had to read this book for school in the tenth grade (I think) and I honestly believe that this book is responsible for my transition from child to adult. After reading this my eyes were open to the outside world and no longer centred on myself and my friend.
6. City of Bones
Mortal Instruments #1
Cassandra Clare

Still one of my favourite series. The City of Bones was the first  book I read, aside from Harry Potter, that took place in the fantasy world. It was my first book about demons. And I read it  the first week it came out on a complete whim.
7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter #1
J.K. Rowling

Odd as it sounds I actually read The Chamber Of Secrets before I read the Philosopher's Stone. Weird, I know. But, I was 11 and someone told me about the Harry Potter series and this book was the only one available in my school library. Its still may favourite.
8. New  Moon
Twilight #2
Stephenie Meyer

Yes, the second one. Shocking I know. I loved Twilight, but New Moon was the first book that had me loving it, hating it, and just unable to put it down. Well, that's a lie. When Edward left I threw it on the ground and yelled, then went and picked it up again. Still have the exact same book...it's in mint condition even after being thrown. Now, that's quality.
9. Jessica's Guide to Dating On the Darkside
Jessica #1
Beth Fantaskey

I will admit that I got this book because I was looking for something to read and this one had my name in it. Yep. Not a lie. Thankfully I really enjoyed it. In fact, I loved it. 
10. Hush, Hush
Hush, Hush #1
Becca Fitzpatrick

Patch was my first Angel and my first serious bad boy. And Yes, badder than Jace Wayland. I mean Patch was going to kill her . That a BAD boy.  This series is still one of my favourites.
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Awesome list!! I loved Twilight, Harry Potter, City of Bones and The Hunger Games. I read the MI and Hunger Games series after I started blogging or it would have made my list as well.

    This Lullaby is on my TBR list for this year. I have read a couple of Sarah Dessen books and loved them.

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Lullaby is one of my favourite books of all time, and is my favourite Sarah Dessen novel! You should really check it out!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I forgot about TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. I loved it when I read it and really, really need to re-read it soon. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Darkside, was a great read. Harry Potter, and Hunger Games are fantastic as always. I like the Girl in the Arena, but I don't hear anyone else talk about it very often. Glad to find a fellow fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Girl in the Arena and I have to agree that I haven't heard a lot of people talk about it either so it is nice to find a fellow fan!

      Delete
  4. Love this list! The Hunger Games is a great series. I would like to read Girl in the Arena, it sounds really compelling. To Kill A Mockingbird was a school read for me too but I still love it. i'm not too keen on City of Bones series. Harry Potter and Twilight are good too! I want to read the Jessica series, I'm going to borrow it from my local library soon! Happy Reading!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Jessica series was pretty good! i hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. Lol that version of TKM is the exact same one I just read in school! Totally agree with your list!

    Marie @ Marie's Bookworm Blog
    http://www.mariesbookwormblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...