Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Review: Wait For You By J. Lynn


Wait For You
Series:  Wait For You #1
Author: J. Lynn/ Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: J. Lynn
Genre:  New Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Release Date:  February 25th 2013 (?)
Pages:  332
Format: ebook
Source: Thanks to the publisher for the review copy

Rating: 
Reason chosen:  

Because J. Lynn/ Jennifer L. Armentrout is a master of romance and words. As in a great and captivating writer.

Summary taken from Goodreads:

Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…

Review:

Oh. My. Dear. Sweet. God. Of. Romance. Andallthingsholy. This book was…well a book that left me speechless. Cam was like a really nice version of Travis Maddox (from Beautiful Disaster) that is still freakin’ drop-dead gorgeous. Of course I would have to come back as a ghost and just follow him around looking at him. He is fine, and he knows it. Oh, his cocky comments, and sexy attitude. Take me away. Marry me now Cam! There will never be another man for me! To say that I enjoyed this novel is undermining my reaction to it. I loved it from page one. Form the moment Avery believed it would be best to skip the class than walk in late and have everyone stare are her. I feel that way sometimes. I get it. But, lets get back to Cam here for a moment. He is the kind of guy that has semi-long hair (shag-ish) and wears a baseball cap. The hair is not something I find attractive, but for Cam….he could have a pony-tail and I would still worship him. And the whole sliding his hat backwards being a tell for when he is paying attention…hot. Just, heart-attack hot. And he cooks. Breakfast ladies, he cooks breakfast.
*Biting fist.
Back to Avery. This girl has a serious past and seriously messed up family. I cannot deny that I’ve thought about moving away and severing all ties, and just starting over. But Avery’s reasons are way more extreme. Personally I would have slapped her mother right in the face if I were her. Thankfully I’m not, or I would have a fictional arrest warrant. But Avery is messed up and she refuses to deal with it, instead she thinks she can overcome it by herself and on her own time. She stubborn… I can relate. But, she keeps messing things up with Cam, the hot and nice guy who asks her out every day for months. *SWOON!
The book was fantastic. It grabbed me in from the first chapter and I couldn’t put it down until it was finished. Jennifer L. Armentrout or J. Lynn, never ceases to amaze me with her writing skills and her ability to relate to her audience. She is definitely an author that I will follow until she retires. Which, hopefully, is not anytime soon…just sayin’.

Good:

Cam—Cam. His eyes. His body. He’s a nice guy. He’s smart. And, oh my, is he ever determined once he sets his mind to something.

Here is how I pictures Cam, but with darker hair that is slightly longer, and lighter blue eyes.



Avery—Messed up, but trying to move on. Determined and very independent.

Here is my vision of Avery



Brit, Jacob, Jace, Ollie- Hahahaha they are hilarious!

Bad:

Nothing that I can think of.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall there characters were not the only great part about the novel. Oh no. The story line was pretty awesome too. As it says in the synopsis someone send threats to Avery and I was taken aback by who it actually was. Not to mention her parents, I did not expect them. J. Lynn took me on a rollercoaster ride that I will never forget and she has already hooked me into buying the next book in her series.

Quotes:

Click here for some of my favourite quotes!

Next in the Series:

Trust Me (#1.5) ETA: October 22nd 2013
Be With Me (#2) ETA: February 4th 2014
Untitled (#3) ETA: No details provided

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of New Adult books then this is for you. If you love Jennifer L. Armentrout…I demand you pick this up.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

The Only Exception by Magan Vernon, The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen, One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy, Barbie Girl by Heidi Acosta, Charade by Nyrae Dawn, Crash series by Nicole Williams, 12 Rounds by Lauren Hammond, Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles, Losing It by Cora Carmack, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Read Completely:
Yes

Twitter: @jlarmentrout
  
This book was provided courtesy of the author/publisher for review; however, this is no way affected my review.

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...