Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (05.14.2013): Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Subjects


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and The Bookish

Check out the previous and upcoming topics here!

This weeks "Top Ten Tuesday" is: Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Subjects.

So I had exactly 10. No more, no less. I feel like I'm missing some. 

Oh well.

Here they are: 



1. One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy. Talk about tough and messed up situations! It was the craziest of the crazy. I loved it!



2. Wait For You by J. Lynn/ Jennifer L. Armentrout. The review is not up yet, but this was some seriously messed up stuff, well this topic always is.


3. The Only Exception by Magan Vernon. More touch stuff that makes a super awesome book.


4. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Anyone out there that has read this novel is shaking their head in understanding.


5. The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen. It sucks when the messed up stuff is about the parents. (Its not a big spoiler, you get the idea of what it is about from the first chapter).


6. 12 Rounds by Lauren Hammond. I want the second book to come out SO BAD! This book was awesome and also filled with messed up situations.


7. Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens. Although it wasn't the greatest of read it was still filled with some crazy stuff. Over bearing parents, kidnappings, bodyguards. Pretty crazy.


8. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles. What happens after a series accident that ruins your dreams? This book was awesome and I've been meaning to get to the second one for some time.


9. Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Coriell. It was a cute and somewhat light read (well lighter than the others that is), but it had some serious stuff.



10. ALL Sarah Dessen books. Le creme-de-la-creme in my opinion. I'm missing some covers, but I didn't want to fill up the whole post. Every novel is fantastic. Every novel deals with something new. Every novels has a girl trying to find a "normal" life in their crazy worlds.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What great choices!! I had not seen several of these up anywhere else...I like how you think! ;)


    I have my Top Ten up on SnifferWalk Books, my blog. Come on by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great choices! To Kill A Mockingbird is a classic choice.

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...