Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Top Ten Tuesday! (05.21.2013) Top Ten Favourite Book Covers of Books I've Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and The Bookish

Check out the previous and upcoming topics here!

This weeks "Top Ten Tuesday" is: Top Ten Favourite Book Covers of Books I've Read

There are so many books out there that have beautiful covers, but I was limited to choosing out of those that I've read. That being said I've modified this to be able to include series as one. (Click titles for reviews)

How I define a beautiful colour might be a little different from everyone else. I mean there is straight take my breath away covers, but there are also covers that I believe actually reflect the book, and that makes them very beautiful to me.

These books are in no particular order, so here are my Top Ten:



1. Crash and Clash (Crash #1 and Crash #2) by Nicole Williams. Because OH. MY. GOD. They are both physically beautiful to me and when you read it, you can't help but think "That's Jude and Lucy". I did not like the new covers. I get that they were being re-released and things in the novels were changing, but I was feeling these covers SO much more!


2. The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus #1) by Rick Riordan. I mean just look at that art work. It's beautiful! The detail in it is crazy and it reflects the book very very well as it captures a big moment in the novel.


3. ElementalStorm, and Spark (Elemental #0.5, #1, and #2) by Brigid Kemmerer. Each one is unique to the personality of the brother whose story is being told. Earth for Michael with plant life and the colour green, Water for Chris, with mist and the colour blue, and Fire for Gabriel with Smoke and the colour red. And I mean the boys are appealing. It might not be how I pictured Gabriel or Nick, but that boy is still appealing.


4. Dualed (Dualed #1) by Elsie Chapman. I really liked this book, but I did feel conflicted because it felt a little too much like The Hunger Games, but no matter what it was still a good read and this cover is beautiful in my opinion. It shows the two "Westes" and the feeling of being stalked by your own shadow. It's beautiful and fits the story very well.


5. Poison Princess (Arcana Chronicles #1) by Kresley Cole. I may be very biased for this one, because it is one of my favourite books. I feel like it is a very good representation of Jack and Evie, and the burning world in the background definitely fits the apocalyptic world that they are in. And if you check out the back of this book Jack is on a motorcycle, and that alone gets my blood rushing.


6. Stray, Rogue, and Pride (Shifters #1, #2, and #3) by Rachel Vincent. The entire series has beautiful covers, but sadly I haven't had a chance to finish it yet. I find the girl in the picture to be exactly how I would picture Faythe. She's normal, casual, yet fierce. And, of course the effects done to the pictures are beautiful to my eyes.


7. Virals by Kathy Reichs. The second book in the series is pretty good as well, but not as good as the first, and I find the third cover in the series to not fit with the first two at all. Anyhow, this is beautiful to me! I loved the lighting, the colours, the image in the writing, and it depicts most of the Virals' time on the Islands (running). 


8. Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs. This is the first book in a series of three. While the other two are alright, this cover seems to stand out a lot more. It was one of the reasons I picked up the book. I find it colourful, inviting and just complete beautiful. It doesn't really represent the mermaids in the series because she doesn't really look like that, but it is still visually beautiful.


9. Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines. This is another book I might be a little biased on. It is one of my favourites. I've heard a lot of people say that they just couldn't get into it, but I absolutely loved it! I find the cover just beautiful too! It does and doesn't depict the character of Lyn, because she doesn't look this way for the majority of the book, but it still shows her character very well.


10. Hush, HushCrescendo, Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick. What can I say? This is beautiful picture of a fallen angel. And the black jeans, body type and even hair matches my vision of Patch. It shows Patch's struggle with his choices, options, and past, and is just darn beautiful. Then there is Nora and her struggle, and their struggle together. These pictures are beautiful for the series!



And a special mention has to go out to Underworld by Meg Cabot. The first in the series was alright, but I find this cover for the second novel in the series to be very fitting.
What is on your Top Ten?
Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...