Friday, 28 June 2013

Review: Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent
Series:  Divergent #2
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Genre:  Dystopian, YA, Romance, Science Fiction
Release Date:  May 1st 2012
Pages:  592
Format: Hardcover (Collector’s Edition)
Source: Purchased
View/Purchase:  Goodreads, Chapters/Indigo.ca/KOBO, Amazon, B&N, The Book Depository
Rating: 

Reason chosen:  


Best the first novel was freakin’ amazing


Summary taken from Goodreads:

One choice can transform you, or destroy you. Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.


Review:

Oh. My. Lordy. What the heck is going on? I am captivated. I want to know more. I love Four...most of the time. I disliked Tris...most of the time. And everything has just changed. Finally...finally we know more about how their world came to be. There are some traitors (who make me cry), and both Tris and Four act a little pig-headed. But, this book...this book was amazing. I don’t even know how much I can say because I’m worried about ruining it for other who haven’t read it, but lets just say that Tris is a little reckless after everything she’s been through. Tris and Four are both going through their own psychological things. Tris is worried about people she loves dying and people dying for her, where Four is worried about people he loves leaving him, or betraying him. Really they are having a tough time of it. And so is the rest of the factions. You can’t really tell who is on who’s side because they are all trying to stick to their principles, well their faction’s principals. However, a lot of people change in this novel. It kept me on my toes and stopped me from being able to put it down. 

Good:

The characters. All of them. I can’t seperate them. There are some good and some bad things about each character and you see them pretty clearly define in this novel. 

Bad: 

I don’t know. I don’t think there are any because I can’t wrap my mind around how awesome this book was to be able to look at anything else.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall I cannot wait to see these come onto the big screen and I can’t wait until I can get my hands on the last novel. Some people say they don’t like the actors that were chosen, but I say let the movie speak for itself and only judge it after you’ve watched it. Its crazy to think that I had been putting this series off so long because there was soo much hype about it and I was afraid that I would be disappointed. Not the case. Veronica Roth deserves the hype she is getting and can definitely understand how the book became so popular.

Quotes:

Click here to read some of my favourite quotes!

Previously In the Series:

Divergent (#1)-> Click for review

Next in the Series:

Allegiant (#3) ETA: October 22nd 2013.

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of dystopian, or post-apocalyptic YA novels...then read this. Read this now.

If you liked this you'll probably love:

The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines, Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris, You Are Mine by Janeal Falor, Dualed by Elsie Chapman, Struck by Jennifer Bosworth

Read Completely: 
Yes


Trailer:



Other Covers:


Author Info:
Twitter: @veronicaroth

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...