Thursday, 20 June 2013

Review: Of Triton by Anna Banks

Of Triton
Series:  Of Poseidon
Author: Anna Banks
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Genre:  YA, Mermaids, Paranormal/Supernatural, Romance.
Release Date:  May 28th 2013
Pages:  246
Format: Hardcover
Source: Purchased 
View/Purchase:  Goodreads, Chapters/Indigo.ca/KOBO, Amazon, B&N, The Book Depository

Rating


Reason chosen:  

I loved the first book and couldn’t wait to read the second


Summary taken from Goodreads:

In this sequel to OF POSEIDON, Emma has just learned that her mother is a long-lost Poseidon princess, and now struggles with an identity crisis: As a Half-Breed, she’s a freak in the human world and an abomination in the Syrena realm below. Syrena law states that all Half- Breeds should be put to death.

As if that’s not bad enough, her mother’s reappearance among the Syrena turns the two kingdoms—Poseidon and Triton—against one another. Which leaves Emma with a decision to make: Should she comply with Galen’s request to keep herself safe and just hope for the best? Or should she risk it all and reveal herself—and her Gift—to save a people she’s never known?

Review:

This book seemed like the last in the series, but I’ve recently found out that there is one more in the works. I’m kind of excited because this book was not as great as the first (there wasn’t as much passion as there was between Galen and Emma), but there was still a lot of important and awesome things that happened in this novel making it worth my wild. There were moments when I felt my heart was breaking because it appeared that some of my favourite characters were switching sides (tear may have appeared) and there were moments when I was angry. There also were a lot of moments that I was pretty damn happy, but again there was a lot going down and I missed the fiery passion that Galen and Emma had on land before. But, this book was also pretty interesting to read because Galen’s brother appeared a lot more in this book and there were some unexpected things that happened. Overall I have to say that I enjoyed it!

Good:

Galen--He is still very charming and determined to save Emma. And, I like how sometimes he just cant resists making out with her in the kitchen while her grandpappy is around. Hehehe

Emma--strong willed and determined to fight for her life and her freedom. 

Toraf--Frigg I love this big guy.

Bad: 

I wasn’t entirely feeling this book. Not, like I did the first one anyhow. I get the whole politics issues had to be dealt with, but I felt like there was a loss of romance between Galen and Emma. And, this also felt like the last in the series, so now I have no clue what to expect from the next one....Which could actually be a good thing.

Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):

Overall I did still enjoy this novel. Although there wasn’t as much passion between Galen and Emma as there was in the first, there were still many moments that made me smile. There were some big events that took me by surprise, and I remembered why I feel in love with these characters. There was still quite a bit of adventure, that I didn’t see coming, and there was a loss of some pretty important characters (at least in my opinion). The series still lives on, and this book has added to it greatness bringing forth answers to some of our questions and even bringing about new ones. Like, what is in store for these awesome characters now?

Quotes:

Click here for some of my favourite quotes!

Previously In the Series:

Of Poseidon (#1)-> Click for review

Next in the Series:

(No Cover Art As of Yet)
Of Neptune (#3) ETA: 2014

Viewer Type Recommendation:

If you are a lover of underwater tales, or underwater romance...than pick this series up. 

If you liked this you'll probably love:

Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris, Divergent by Veronica Roth, Greta and the Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs, Dualed by Elsie Chapman, Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer, Fin series by Tera Lynn Childs, Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout, The Ghost and the Goth series by Stacey Kade, Demon Trapper series by Jana Oliver, Jessica series by Beth Fantaskey, Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally, Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Read Completely: 
Yes


Trailer:



Author Info:


Author Website/Blog: http://byannabanks.blogspot.ca
Twitter: @ByAnnaBanks


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry you didn't like it so well. I am still looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so interesting, I'll have to try to check it out when I've got time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...