Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read:
: #2 Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter (Click title for review)
My Book ended up looking like this:
I tried to stick to the "Zombie" colours but I ran out of tabs.
Probably good to tell you there might be some spoilers
1. He hadn’t bothered to clean his face, and his cheeks were streaked with black paint, dirt and blood. So danged hot.
2. Silently, he disarmed, dropping daggers, guns, magazines of ammo, and his personal favourite, a crossbow. He’d come to me first, i realized, not even bothering to stop at his house.
3. “I must be seriously disturbed, because I like when you rough me up.”
4. “So? You’ll get a boo-boo I’ll have to kiss and make better. Problem, meet solution
5. Me: Nana, do U know what WTF means??
Her: Of course, silly. It means “well that’s fantastic.”
6. I hated to admit it, but I was kind of impressed. He-slut has skills.
7. “Are you saying I’m eye broccoli?”
Frost barked out a laugh. “Where do girls get this stuff, man?”
“I’m not even sure what eye broccoli means,” Cole said. “That you look bad, and I shouldn’t want to eat you, or that you’re loaded with vitamins and I should.”
8. “I’m recovered,” I said. “Believe me now?”
Those violet eyes slitted when they found me. “Assault and battery is illegal.”
“So arrest me.”
“How about I put you over my lap and spank you instead?”
“How about I knee your balls into your throat?”
“If you’re going to play with that particular area, I’d rather you use your hands.”
“My hands aren’t going near that area ever again.”
... “I bet I could change your mind,” he whispered huskily.
9. “Sorry, honey, but if you want a big boy’s weapon, you’ll have to fight me for it. Spoiler Alert-I’ll let you restrain me on the floor as long as you’re straddling my waist.”
10. “If you don’t get yourself killed tonight, it’ll be because of a miracle.” he said. “Good think my middle name is Miracle.”
11. “Too bad. Because you’re making me rethink my stance about not doing my friends’ exes.”
I snorted, not even trying to hide my...incredulity? Surely I wasn’t amused. “You’re making me rethink my stance against cold-blooded homicide.”
12. “He’s not some strange guy, he’s my boyfriend, and what I do with him isn’t your business.”
“Everything about you is my business.”
Her back went ramrod straight. “Screw you. I’m not doing this with you, Bronx. Not anymore.” She turned.
He grabbed her arm, spun her around. “Did you sleep with him?”
Very calmly, she said, “I told you. What I do with him is none of your business.”
“And I told you everything about you is my business, but neither of us seems to be listening.”
13. A few minutes later, she was parking in her usual spot. The lot could be overflowing, but no one, not even teachers would dare encroach on her territory. Not because of her, or her father’s money, but because of Bronx. I heard someone made the mistake of parking here only once; Bronx had hot wired the car and crashed it into the trees the students had spray painted gold and black to proudly display our school colours.
14. Cole: Who runs this show? Just be there
Cole: Your enthusiasm is humbling
Me: Go screw yourself
Cole: I have. I prefer to have a partner
15. “As I was saying, she’s smart, and she’s funny, and the best part is, she puts out.”
Was sex always on his mind? “Your words are like poetry.”
16. “You’re also not my type. Or you weren’t. I’m not sure what my type is anymore. You resist, and it drives me wild.”
17. “It’s too late for that. I’m going to kiss you, Ali.”
I was the one to shake my head. “You made your bed.”
“Yes, but I still want you in it.”
18. What was I going to do with him? He’s come to my house a few times, and he’d come bearing gifts. A stuffed aligator. Dinner from my favourite hamburger joint located nearly an hour away. A protective cover for my great-great grandfather’s journal.
What the heck did he think he was doing?
I doubted even he knew.
Each time, he’s thrust the gifts at me, almost angrily, before stomping away.
19. “Why don’t you escort me to the pond. I want to see the ducks, but I’ll need someone to throw in their path if they turn violent.”
20. Wait. The he-slut of the great south knew how to bake?
21. “Will you please stop forgetting you’re into brunettes?”
“I realize I can’t see hair color in the dark.”
Oh, wow. “However will I continue to resist such wondrous flattery?”
22. “When is the madness going to end?” he asked. “I must be obsessed with you, Ali. Addicted. What I feel is definitely unhealthy. Without you, I’m having trouble eating and sleeping. I think about you all the time, wonder what you’re doing, and who you’re doing it with. Do you know how many times I’ve been tempted to hunt you down and just carry you away?”
23. Always be yourself. Unless you can be a Kat. Then always be a Kat.
24. Him: I can’t stop thinking about our last kiss.U were topless
Me (blushing): Thanks 4 the reminder
Him: If U needed a reminder, I need 2 work on my technique
Him: Are U eating properly?
Me: Yes, Dad.
Him: I kind of like the sound of that. How about a spanking?
25. “What did you threaten Cole with?” I asked when we were alone.
“I told him I’d set you up with my cousin Rick.”
“And that worked?”
26. “Let me go,” I rasped.
“Never again,” he replied.
27. “Ali Bell doesn’t play hide-and seek,” Lucas said. “She plays hide-and-pray-I-don’t-find-you.”
28. “When Ali Bell gives you the finger, she’s telling you how many seconds you have to live.”
29. “What you did was stupid, Ali.”
“Sometimes the wisest decision seem like the most foolish.”
“I should spank you.”
He chuckled. “You thinking you’ll end up spanking me?”
30. “Alabama is an ocean of untapped, horny fish, and dad like his seafood.”