Monday, 14 October 2013

Quotes: Death and the Girl He Loves by Darynda Jones


Here are some of my favourite quotes from my recent read:
Death and the Girl He Loves (Darklight #3) by Darynda Jones (Click title for review)

Spoilers? Maybe...

1. Brooklyn and I would see each other from across a field of green grass. She would run to me with open arms. Glitch would do the same, only he’d trip on something-quite possibly air-and spill his whipped almond toffee cappuccino with nonfat milk all over my flowing white dress.

2. “I’m shooting for Stanford. San Francisco is calling my name.”
“Nice. It is saying, ‘Hey, crazy little girl. Want some candy?’”
“How did you know?”

3. “She’s way too calm about this whole thing. Too logical.”
“Right? Since when does logic enter into anything we do?”
“Exactly.”

4. He offered me a quick glance, then went back to scowling at the dirt. The dirt probably deserved it.

My Favourite:
5. “The only think your birth catalyzed was the constant pain in my ass.”
Well, that was uncalled for. But again, he had a point.

6. “Well, darn.” she said, biting a nail to the quick. “This plan sucks.”
“What plan?” I asked.
“Exactly.”

7. We didn’t have much time left, and I’d wasted a lot of that time in Maine with no one to harass. I had to get the jabs in while I could.

8. This time, instead of two-by-fours and tire irons, they seemed a little more focused on choke holds and knees to the face. Their desire to be close to each other was sweet.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...