Thursday, 23 January 2014

Blog Tour Stop & Review: Three Month Plan by Kimberly Patterson



Three Month Plan
Author: Kimberly Patterson
Genre:  YA, Romance
Release Date:  Sept 1st 2013
Pages:  260
Format: ebook
Source: Copy provided for book tour!

 I was asked to participate in the tour and the book summary really hooked me. 





Kelly Callahan had everything going for her. Everything that is, except for a relationship. It wasn’t for the lack of trying, it just seemed like she was a magnet for all the wrong ones. But all of that was about to change the minute she laid eyes on Jake. 
On a dare from her close friend, Michelle, Kelly accepts a challenge to date and become Jake’s girlfriend within three months. The consequence of losing is global humiliation, and she refuses to lose. 

Enlisting the help of her childhood friend and confidant, Brian, Kelly manages to catch Jakes attention. She also unknowingly hooks Brian who tries to sabotage the plan. Kelly finds herself with a dilemma; take the final step with Jake and win the plan or follow her heart and reveal her feelings for Brian.




The Three Month plan is a cute and fun read that will leave you smiling. I found I really enjoyed the story. It revolves around relationships and friendships and where the line between the two is. I liked seeing the relationship between Kelly and Brian and how they both sort of know how they feel but refuse to admit it to themselves and each other because they fear what will happen if they do. But, I sure did like seeing the events that they run into. 
I also really enjoyed the alternating points of view. The chapter’s POV changed between Brian and Kelly and it added to the overall story very well. 
Basically Kelly’s adventure is to snag a serious relationship and is turned toward a hot suffer by her best friend and Brian, against his own good sense, gives her some advice and pushes her towards this other guy. 
The story line was cute and had some funny dialogue and moments between the characters, the only thing that I could think of that was negative is the fact that the storyline was a little predictable. 


Brian and Kelly- Interesting and fun characters


Like I said it was a little predictable so there wasn’t too much excitement. 


Overall the story line was predictable, but it was a cute and funny. The writing was easy to follow and the characters were simply yet interesting at the same time. The book over all is a simple heartfelt story that left me with a smile on my face.


If you like a simply Young Adult coming of age romance story with some laughs than this is for you.


Magnolia by Kristi Cook, From What I Remember... by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas,  and  The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Read Completely: 
Yes

Horses were one of my first loves, and writing soon followed. As a child, I spent hours writing poems, and short stories (about horses). My parents realized that I was horse-obsessed and decided to buy me one after taking riding lessons for two years. I think they hoped that all of the hard work, and hours spent mucking stalls would help me give up this expensive hobby. They were wrong. Writing is still a passion of mine, although now I primarily write fiction. My first novel, Red Rock, was published in 2010, and big surprise, there are horses in it. My second novel, The Three Month Plan was released August 2013.

Other Loves: My family, yoga, skincare and makeup, sushi, and raising money for pediatric cancer. I have two rescue dogs and would have more if there weren’t zoning restrictions. I’m always trying something new, as I tend to get bored very easily. Thankfully, my love of driving around with the gas light on fuels some excitement. I love novels with happy endings, and am a hopeful romantic. My latest obsession is browsing Netflix, and I can name all 50 states in alphabetical order in under 30 seconds. Do I feel a wager coming on?
Author Website/Blog: 


This book was provided courtesy of the author/publisher for review; however, this is no way affected my review.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review and for being a part of the tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in the tour. I'm glad you enjoyed The Three Month Plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you liked this one! It definitely sounds cute and adorable, and I like how you found the characters to be really great and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...