Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Book Shout Out/Book Blitz: The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet


If any of you out there have been following me on Instagram ( click the icon to see my profile) you'll have seen that lately I've rekindled my romance with Jane Austen, in particular Pride and Prejudice, even though I am again behind on my reviews (don't worry that's all happening this week...big big changes!).

Why have I rekindled said romance?

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is why. 




So here's how it started:

I was on Instagram one days and ran across an image that had a hashtag #LizzieBennet. 

It peaked my curiosity. However, well..


I check things out, especially start reading books, sometimes too quickly. If that makes any sense. Sometimes one person says something about something and I look into it. Then it ends up being crap. Luckily this one is a Youtube series, so you don't even need to take my word for it 'cause it will only cost 3 mins of your time to figure out if you like it or not. 

However, still being skeptical, I set it aside. Until later that day...

I was looking for the 'no ragrets' image to send to a friend. 

You know, this one:


Don't ask. 
Besides you've all sent it to someone before.
Admit it

 Anyhow, I came across another one that had the same Lizzie Bennet person. I was like...


So I looked into it. 


Did you know it's a Primetime Emmy Winner? 

That really got me interested. So, I watched the first episode.

Then I binged watched all 100 episodes + extras.


(Thats the pic by the way). 

I am a big big fan of Jane Austen and her works. I own all the DVDs, and have legally downloaded all the BBC adaptations (I'm pretty fond of their 1995 Pride & Prejudice and 2009 Emma). I own multiple copies of her novels, and yes I've read them all. 

At first I was like...


'Cause it was really starting to amaze me.

But, then it just started to blow me away. Actually, it swept me off my feet. 


This modern adaptation is amazing. I feel like they got everything right. The characters are realistic for their time, but stick to the true character that Austen created, or well they don't deviate too far (it is modernized after all). And, the situations have been adapted for modern society and time pretty well.

But honestly...I loved how they've included social media. All the webisodes are on Youtube and aired on Youtube. You can see on twitter what happens outside of the episodes [this includes twitter convos between characters (which you don't have to read if you don't want to--They're not needed to understand the story line), and pic!!!!!!]. Then there is the fact that her schooling and job situations revolve around social media and how people connect these days. I mean, that's what I'm doing right now.

And the acting!



These don't even do it justice. 

There are some hilarious moments. And the actor that plays Lizzie Bennet...


Is more than ok in my book. Lizzie Bennet re-enacts moments on her vlog to get her viewers up to date. And, this actor is pretty funny with impressions and voices. 
Props to her. 

And you know,


Maybe that will help a little bit.

And then there is Darcy...



I couldn't help by laugh at how socially awkward he was made to seem. Which, he is in the book. 

So take my word for it, or not, if you have 3 mins and 19 secs to spare check out the first video.



If you want to know more about the series, and even check out some merch you can check out the website:


If you don't want to take my word for it you can see what Buzzfeed has to say about it in their article '15 Reasons to Fall in Love With "The Lizzie Bennet Diaries" again'

Now, the whole point of this post was no only to get some new addicts hooked on the series (which is complete so...BINGE WATCHING!!!!!), but to also inform you that this series has become so popular they have turned it into a novel.


Or, turned it back into a novel? 

Either way, you can find out more about the book, entitled The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet, at it's website:


The book releases...TODAY! And my pre-order is on its way!


I've also used my free first audiobook download from audible.com to purchase it because the actor that played Lizzie Bennet is the narrator. Again, awesome impressions. 

And, I've also included the released except for you to peruse. 



Now I go back to finishing up all my review. 

Until next time,


 photo Signature11_zpsd46d1ce8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...